Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remember. . . .





I remember. . . . .
I'm too young to remember where I was and what I
was doing when President Kennedy was killed, but I
will never forget where I was and what I was doing
when the twin towers came down.
Every day of the week, I get the kids off to school
and then go to the gym downtown, to exercise.  
This Tuesday morning was no different.  I grabbed my yoga
mat and was off to yoga class.

I heard the news of the attacks on the radio, while driving to the gym.
I was stunned,  shocked.  It was very surreal.
I got to class, and yoga went on as usual, as if nothing had happened.
Well, half way through class, I just couldn't take it any more.  I couldn't
stop thinking of what was taking place on the other side of the country and I couldn't
stop the tears, so I packed up my mat, left the gym and headed home.
The entire country was a buzz, the entire world for that matter.
Every television channel was covering it, and all eyes were watching.
I personally couldn't pull myself away, I just sat there, crying and watching
in horror.  It was the worst thing I had ever experienced,
and it was very devastating to our young children.  None of us
knew exactly what to do or how to feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment