Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Visitors Information


Let me give you a little run down of what we did this week.
We took Jo, Mom and Bart to "The Ledge".  We took Mom's wheelchair
and strolled all over the entire grounds, up top and down below.
We went to the little gift shop and struck gold.  They had pins, pins
on sale for .15-.50 cents.  Yeah!  We all loaded up.  I bought an Alberta
wild rose pin for Mom, I picked up some post cards and playing cards
for me and Jo bought several pins, some for trading.
 Me and Chris took them the the Italian bakery.  We love the
Italian bakery.  They make a mean sandwich, but we went for treats.
 The sweet, wonderful little circles are called hockey pucks,
they are divine.  They are made up of two pieces of tasty cake,
 filled with delectable frosting/whipped cream and covered with
 chocolate.  Jo got one too and Chris picked the double dipped
cream puff.  
 But, just as good as the Italian bakery, possibly even better is
 this mouth-watering, fruit covered, pavlova.  Yum!
I made one of these for Courtney and Courtney, I just had to
make another one to share with our latest visitors.
If you want to come visit, I'll make one for you too.
 Jo brought me this "fluffy" little chick.
 And between Mom, Jo and Bart, they brought us these priceless
works of love.  There is nothing more precious than these bottles of
homespun goodness.
 Bart brought us some fresh raspberry jam, and I mean fresh,
he bottled it just a week ago and chokecherry syrup.
 Mom brought me mustard pickles, a must have to eat with roast beef 
and sweet pickles, just in time, I'm down to my last bottle of each.
That's one thing I've really missed, preserving.  It was always hard work,
time consuming and a pain to do, but there is nothing like the sight
of all those bottles lined up on the counter, not to mention the taste.
 Jo brought me some hot pepper jelly and these other fun gifts.
A church pin for me and Chris, a primary zipper pull and two
dandy wash rags.   They are too precious to call rags though,
I choose to call them hot pads.  There, that sounds better.
Wow, the visit was so appreciated, and the things they brought
are just icing on the cake, so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment