Friday, July 27, 2012

Capital X and The Packer's


We just got through with transfer, incoming, outgoing, cooking, 
doing dishes, meetings, and I am ready for a break.  
A baby girl and friends from Utah break.
The Packer's are coming and they're bringing Courtney with them.
Yeah!!!!!
They've made their way up through Glacier and they should be 
here by tonight. (thursday)  I had a crock pot full of chicken,
beans and corn with tortillas.  I thought they might be hungry.

I had the entire visit planned, I am so excited.
Tomorrow, after a crepe breakfast, we will head to Capital X.
I've already bought tickets, I hope they want to go.
We went to Capital X with Courtney the first year we were up here,
we missed it last year and thought it would be the perfect place
to take the Packer's and Courtney, there is a lot to see and do.
A whole park load of things to see and do.
We walked through all the displays first,
see the cute Packer family in front of the teepee.
Courtney's trying her hand at surfing, on a wave of records.
There was a huge mobile of guitars and gold records,
Chris like all the awesome guitars.
Kaitlin and Courtney took a stroll on Abbey Road,
sooooo cute.
Then we stumbled on this huge tribute to KISS, one of Chris'
favorite bands.
These were 18 inch dolls of the singers,
this is Peter Criss
and this is Gene Simmons.
And these are two scary girls (make it three) peeking through the glass.


The great bison and Kaitlin and Courtney
And just the great bison.
The entire conference hall was filled with Canadian heritage.
From handcarts,
to wild animals,
Ukrainian festive costumes
to the oriental influence.
Big Panda

After we had walked through everything and bored the girls silly,
Chris gave them some money to buy a few tickets and ride a 
few wild rides.


In the mean time, I hung out with my good friends, candied apples
and fancy caramel apples.

We watched a really cool high diving show, they were literally diving
 into a small pool of water from way, way up there, like 30 feet up.
Sorry, I filmed it this way so I could get the whole picture in.

Then we hung out at the all the wonderful, delicious, food carts.
First up, chicken tenders, the BIG ones,
homemade root beer,
fancy fries, curly, spiral and fresh cut.
Then there were these awesome looking funnel cakes, with
soft serve ice cream on top with toppings.
I almost caved for one of those, and then I saw. . . .
fried oreo cookies, 
now that I have to try.
I made Wendy hold them so I could take a picture.
And that's as close as she came to them, no closer.
They were ok, not all they're talked up to be, I wouldn't get 
them again, I'd try something else next time.
Or I'll try deep fat frying something of my own, candy bars, maybe.
Good old poutine, only in Canada, la poutinerie.
We met back up with the girls and caught a special show in the 
conference center, it was all done with aluminum hoses, like
clothes dryer vents.  But really big ones.

There was so much to see today, when we came out of the aluminum
show we ran into this "Beatles" group.  We just caught the last two songs.
We would have loved to have watched the whole show.  It looked fun.
The girls really got into it.  If we had caught the entire show I would have
encouraged the girls to go up front and be groupies.  Next time.
What a wonderful day.



1 comment:

  1. How fun! Okay so Karlee is a GREAT dancer! I am so impressed! Those candied apples that you were by looked yummy!

    ReplyDelete