Thursday, December 6, 2012

Dinner Party



Tonight we invited the Sommerfeldt's and the Bayly's over for dinner
for our annual Christmas dinner party.
I prepared most of the food so that they could just come and enjoy.
(Karin helped me out with a to-die-for salad and the carrots)
I got the tree decorated and all of the other decorations up early.
I tried my best to set the table in a very festive way, complete with napkins,
red placemats and candles.
I think it turned out quite nicely.  It really put me in a festive, entertaining
mood, ready for the upcoming weeks.
I served poppy seed chicken with rice, buttered carrots, (Ed's carrots,
Karin swears by them, apparently they are only available for a short time 
in the winter), rolls and butter, salad with homemade dressing and a 
brownie topped with peppermint ice cream complete with chocolate drizzle, 
whipped cream and peppermint sprinkles for dessert.
We played a little game and had a white elephant gift exchange.
The party's over, when the last candle burns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment