Saturday, August 11, 2012

August 2012, ZLC


Our last summer ZLC this year, I knew exactly what
 I wanted to do, I had to grill.  Marinated chicken, yum.
I'm trying to make it easier, so I don't have 
to put so much time into it, the day of.
So today, I fixed a fresh fruit platter, or two,
which looked very nice and tasty.
I marinated the chicken the night before, then tried
to cook them really slow, so they would be moist
and tender.  I left them for one minute and lost
several pieces, I was so disappointed.
I only took pictures of the gorgeous ones,
and they were pretty darn gorgeous.
As a side, I made Sister Woodruff's root vegetable
bake, but I didn't allow enough time to have it cook
through, so I was madly microwaving smaller dishes of
it, so that it could be served.  For dessert, I made three
different flavors of homemade ice cream, maple nut, fresh 
peach and chocolate peanut butter cup.  
When all was said and done, I was disappointed that it didn't 
go perfectly, but it tasted good and they had enough to eat.
This is the tray of candy that is sent downstairs for the
second part of training.  I like spoiling our zone leaders.
And here they are, from left to right, back row:
Elder's Black, Jules, Frimpong, Fitzgerald, Taylor and Morley
Elder's Hendryck's, Graul, Edgel and Paulson
Elder's Albright, Wood, Lewis and Wan
And. . . here. . . they. . . are?

No comments:

Post a Comment