Monday, February 11, 2013

Happy Birthday, AP's


We are heading into another transfer next week, and while the assistants
were here for the last meeting to finalize transfers, I checked on their
profiles to see when their birthdays are.  I'm so glad I did, Elder Fitzgerald's
is on Friday and Elder Paulson's just happens to be one week later.
I like to fix them dinner if their birthdays happen to be while they are
serving as assistants.  This worked out so perfectly.  They have an opening
in their dinner calendar, Monday night, tonight.  Works for me.
They had to decide on the dinner menu together.  They didn't hesitate
very long, they both agreed on Mexican food.  So I fixed enchiladas,
beef and pork, with green enchilada sauce, my favorite.
It was easy to put sides with it, chips and salsa, guacamole, jalapenos,
 chopped tomatoes, fresh lime and cilantro.

The table looked very nice.
I even made orange julius' with orange slices as decorations.
I did let them each choose their own dessert.  Elder Paulson 
requested my homemade Oreos, he loves my Oreos.
That makes me sooo happy.
Elder Fitzgerald loves cheesecake, so I got brave and made a real
live homemade Cheesecake Factory cheesecake.  It turned out 
beautifully, taste wise anyway, wasn't perfect looking, but not bad.
I would definitely make this one again.  It's a keeper.

I think they enjoyed their dinner.  Then we lit the candles, sang 
 "Happy Birthday", they blew out the candles and we all had dessert.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment