Thursday, February 21, 2013

Homecoming In Reverse


I had a rare opportunity today, to see a homecoming in reverse.
Sister Kuroki's mother and younger brother are flying to Edmonton
today to spend a week with her in the areas she served in.
I offered to drive her to the airport, because she hasn't been
released yet, so she needed a companion until her mom shows up.
She was so cute, and so very anxious.
I watched her as she waited for them to come down 
the corridor.  It was so fun to be a part of her long awaited
reunion with her family.  We always see the missionaries off 
at the airport, but we don't get to see all the wonderful
reuniting's.  Today I was able to get a little glimpse.  
It was very sweet, her and her mother hugged and cried.
In Japanese, and with her daughter as her interpreter,
she thanked me over and over for caring for her daughter.
She was sincerely grateful.  I reiterated, that is was my pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment